Your cart is currently empty.
Gerald Hughes spent most of his scholastic life struggling with the effects of what would later be identified as Aspergers with ADHD and Dyslexia. While he excelled in math and science, his grades in language arts, history and most other subjects suffered terribly due to his ongoing difficulties with reading and writing as well as struggles with focus, attention, listening and understanding social cues. By his Junior year, he had virtually given up on an academic path.
A decade passed before Gerald decided to tackle college. He majored in communications and computer science. As someone who was always interested in helping others, Gerald created his first professional coaching program in 1994. In 2004, he began helping children with various learning challenges.
In 2006, after achieving success with his own children and several of their classmates, Gerald founded the Neuro-Linguistic Learning Center in El Dorado Hills, California. Since then, he has been assisting both children and adults in overcoming a variety of learning challenges.
The Neuro-Linguistic Learning Center, its programs and Learning Specialists help children, teens and adults in overcoming many of the symptoms and struggles associated with a variety of learning challenges, including Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), dyslexia, autism spectrum disorders, Asperger’s Syndrome, Auditory Processing Disorder (APD), Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD), and other Pervasive Developmental Disorders.
About his experience as Director of the Neuro-Linguistic Learning Center, Gerald says: "Ultimately, it was my personal experience with the many children and adults who came to the Learning Center which helped provide a real understanding of these challenges and ultimately resulted in our ability to provide effective and life-changing solutions for our clients."
Gerald has lived in El Dorado County for the past 16 years and is father and stepfather to six children and two grandchildren, several of whom have had their own struggles with dyslexia, ADHD and other learning challenges.
He is a frequent speaker/lecturer on education and learning disabilities. He is author of numerous books, programs and courses, including:
- 55 Essential Skills for Students on the Autism Spectrum
- Ultimate Guide to Stimming:120 Stims and Strategies for Stress Reduction, Focus/Attention, and Sensory Regulation
- Cracking the Dyslexia Code: a Parent's Guide
- Finding Your FACE: a Sensory Guide to Personality
- Gifted – Not Broken: Understanding Dyslexia, ADHD and the Autism Spectrum
- Overcoming Anxiety and Depression
- Reading with Dyslexia: 10 Steps to Success
- The NLC Guide to Love and Relationships
- The Quick Fix: Recipe for Bliss
- Waves--Not Broken: 101 Strategies for Managing our Physical, Emotional and Social Energy